Thursday, December 3, 2009

Winter White

Hi all! It's time for another Impression Obsession challenge and this one is all about.... white! That's the only rule -- a white creation! Oh, and yes, you have to use Impression Obsession stamps. There are some serioius goodies on the line if you enter! The winner receives a $25 gift certificate to use in the Impression Obession store! You only have until Saturday - so click HERE for all the details!

Now, to my creation!

I wanted my card to have a white feel with some silver and pastel accents. I just love this image -Ice Skate Stockings -illustrated by Leah Hannan. I inked it up using Versamark ink and embossed it with detail silver embossing powder. Then, I picked up my Pastel Collection of Copic markers to color my stockings and give it just enough color to create a soft tint! Add some pearls, a silver pearl rectangle to mat my oval on and then mat it again onto a white piece of cardstock that's been embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder and edged with a silver leaf pen. Put it on a white card stock card base and.... done! This really was a quick card and I love how soft it looks!

Want to see what wonderful and white creations the rest of the IO team cooked up? Stop by and see....

Shirley
Kathy
Dina
Laura
Jenny
Deborah
Daniela
Jeanne

Thanks for coming by! I'll see you back here tomorrow! :-)

7 comments:

Katarina said...

Lovely!

krcrafts said...

oh my goodness, how sweet. Such a pretty card -- thanks for playing!

The Rubber Maid said...

Soft and certainly very pretty. Love the dotted swiss panel. Great image and usuable for any winter card. Mom

Shirley said...

Wow! Julie, what a beautiful gossamer lovely image! The shades are so soft and beautiful. A really lovely card!

Jenny Gropp said...

OH MY! This is so soft and beautiful! Stunning creation for this challenge!

Deborah March said...

SO pretty Julie! That stocking stamp is one of my very favourite IO Chrismas stamps! My card was late because of a blogger scheduler glitch, but it's finally on my blog.

Melisa Waldorf said...

Beautiful card! I LOVE this image. This was a difficult challenge for me, but I'm so glad I played along!

I would like to invite you to check out a "March for the Snowmen" Blog Hop I am participating in tomorrow. Probably 1/2 of the particpates are giving away blog candy!
http://melisawaldorf.blogspot.com