Thursday, January 7, 2010

Feeling Like Spring IO Challenge!

Gosh, it couldn't feel further from spring in my neck of the woods. I got stuck in the snow not 3, not 4, not 5, but - oh about - 6 times while trying to make it out of my neighborhood today! It was hilarious, when I picked up my 6 year old from school, she couldn't wait to tell me about the guy-jant-tick snow mounds they played on at recess! Funny stuff.

With the snow in full tilt, why not pull out those spring time stamps to warm our hearts! It's time for an Impression Obsession challenge! The only rules? Use IO stamps please and email your cards to this address when you're done! shirleyone@carolina.rr.com. There's a $25 IO Gift Certificate on the line and you can have your work proudly displayed on the IO Blog! You can visit the IO Blog HERE for more details!All participants' cards will be posted here and also permanently in our IO Customer Album.

For my spring time creation, I used one of the new Leigh Hannan stamps that will soon be released at Winter CHA!

After stamping my image, I colored it up with Copics - YG00, YG03 and YG63 on the grass, B00, B02 and B04 for the birds and V01, V03 for the purple flowers. I did use B000 (one from the Copic Pastel Collection) to add some highlights around my greenery and my birds following it up with a blender to soften the line of the marker. I added this blue around the edge of my creation too. After that, use a Spellbinders Ric Rac Borderabilities die for the bottom of the purple mat, a decked out strip of blue decorative paper (unknown maker) and a fun pink button tied up with string and... voila... a little dash of spring waiting to be sent to a mailbox near you!

Want to see how the rest of the DT ushered in a little spring? Hop on over to see.....

Kathy
Laura
Jenny
Deborah
Jeanne

And, don't forget to mark your calendar for the next IO challenge coming your way on January 21st! That's when the DT will be challenging YOU to make a card that is anything but a rectangle! ;-)

Thanks for stopping by! See you back here soon!

8 comments:

Kim said...

Oh I am loving this stamp and what you did with it! Gorgeous!

asela said...

Gorgeous! Happy New Year Julie

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Gorgeous card, Julie. Love that image and you've colored it wonderfully. I'll be happy to send you my address if you're looking for a home for it! LOL! Stay warm and stay out of that snow!

Kay said...

Ahhhh, I needed a little Spring time today! I just had my gallbladder removed yesterday, and I'm home sipping Diet Coke and watching my tummy turn black/blue. BUT, I don't have to go out in the snow storm, pretty good trade off, yes? Happy New Year Jules!!!

Janine said...

Love it Julie!! Great new image!

Shirley said...

I love the soft Spring colors! A really beautiful card, Julie!

Connie M. said...

Oh this is just so soft and pretty...your coloring is AMAZING, Julie!! LOVE the spring look...it sure feels like spring here today, but I know the rest of the county is feeling the dead of winter! Hope you are keeping warm!

Michelle said...

A welcome taste of spring. We're hovering in the single digits this week, so these gorgeous flowers are very welcome!