Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Love & Lace... let the sneaks begin!

It's been a busy start to the week in my 'lil ole stamp room! That's because today marks the start of the sneaks for Flourishes January release!

Introducing......

Today's set is a beautifully drawn set from the artistic Lauren Pope that you can use not just for Valentine's Day, but for cards to friends and family the whole year through! I can't tell you how much I love the sentiments in this set! There are a few fit for the loves of our life, our BFFs, our sweet friends and those people who come to us as our angels here on earth! There's no question, creating a card with this set, you'll warm the hearts of whoever you send it to! And, the fun part? This set offers not one but two focal images and 11.. yes 11 sentiments you can use. What's better? It's a half set meaning - you get all of this for just $8!

For my creation, I had a friend in mind who I needed to send a thank you to. "You're an angel" works!

The decorative paper is a mix from my dp bin - I know the polka dot and the light blue pattern is BasicGrey (June Bug and Eskimo Kisses), the lined blue -- sorry, no clue! The sentiment was stamped and punched with an oval and blinged up with some red rhinestones.

I stamped my angel onto Flourishes Classic White, colored him up with Copics using the Flesh Tones 1 and Flesh Tones 2 Collections. The cloud was colored using the Pastel Collection B0000.

Afterward, I cut him out, added some Shimmerz Angel Wingz paint on his wings and popped him up on a heart that was cut with a heart shaped Spellbinders Nestabilities die. Can you see what's stamped on my heart?
It's a beautiful new background stamp that is also being released this month from the ever-so-talented Becky Fleck! I am so excited about this stamp because gosh, how many times have you stamped something and wanted some "clouds" to help ground your image. Well, my friends, this is the stamp for you!

Make sure you hop on over to see my fellow friends and designers. I got some sneak peeks of their creations over the last few days and... WOW! You won't be disappointed! ;-)

Christine Okken
Latisha Yoast
Stacy Morgan
Cindy Lawrence
Leslie Miller


If you'd like to win this set, hop on over to the Flourishes Newsletter and leave a comment on today's post! There's also details there about our Feel the Love challenge and our fun-filled Power Hour Release Party set for Friday!

I'll have more peeks tomorrow to be sure to swing on back!

12 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL Julie.

Janine said...

This is soooooooo pretty!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Julie this is beautiful. I love the way you have the cherub floating on the heart. Wonderful card.

Chriss Blagrave said...

Beautiful!

Leslie Miller said...

I love this for a thank you card, Julie! The pretty little angel is perfect in the heart shape, and the colors and layout work beautifully! This set is so darling and sweet!

Barbara said...

Beautiful, Julie!!!! I'm so excited to be getting a *CLOUD* stamp!!! Yippee!!!

Unknown said...

Julie, What a sweet, beautiful and lovely card! The cloud look wonderful!

Karen W said...

Oh my I can feel the CC going up again, LOL I love the set and those clouds are awesome. I can't wait to get these and use them in my scenic stamping also.

ChristineCreations said...

This is such a sweet Valentine/Thank you Julie. The heart really sets it off so well - and the colors too!

Liz Williams said...

Such a pretty card and I love the stitching.

Darlene said...

G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!!

Latisha said...

So pretty, and I love how you popped him up on the heart.