Monday, February 1, 2010

How's about a 10 Minute card????

Happy Monday everyone! Just a quick lil post to jump start your week. And, the card is a quick and easy one too!

With CHA over and done with.... I thought I'd show a card I did for the Impression Obsession booth that was truly a ten minute card. Being that I love purple, I went for it with this card....

Ok, ready for the quick and dirty? I stamped one of the new Cover a Card backgrounds - (Music) using Violet Mist Vivid ink onto some purple decorative paper. I used my Labels 8 Nestabilities die - took the medium die and used it twice - once on a white piece and once on a black. I embossed the white shape and then cut along the embossed edge so that my black label die cut could create just a small "frame." Add some bling, some beautiful silk ribbon, a flower and sentiment and... you're almost done! I did corner round just the right side of my card and all of my layers.

Here's a close up, so you can see the background, the fun new sentiment and that beauty of a flower!

Card Recipe
Stamps: Daisy Love, A Sweet Note and Music Background all from Impression Obsession.
Extras: Black Silk ribbon, Flourishes Classic White Paper, Labels 8 Nestabilities Die, Black Rhinestones

And that, my friends, is it for today! Easy Peasy! Tomorrow, the gals that make up the Friends of Flourishes will have a ton of fun coming your way!! It's their year anniversary and they have a half dozen challenges with LOTS of prizes on the line!! I mean... LOTS! You'll want to stop back and check out the fun!

4 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

Beautiful, Jewels! Love that backgrounder too!

Diane said...

Gorgeous Julie!!!

Janine said...

Hi sweets!! Love the card and the color is amazing... Great for a cold snowy day like today!!

Stacy Morgan said...

This is sweet and cute. And 10 min... gotta love that.