Monday, February 15, 2010

Time for Tea!

Hi all and Happy Monday! The kiddos have the day off so..... time to think how to entertain two kids when the thermometer is less than kind. We might hit the lanes for a game of bowling. As I type this it's a mere 12 degrees with a bitter wind. ICK! Isn't spring supposed to be just around the corner!?!?

With weather like this, there's nothing like a toasty cup of tea and that's exactly what I am serving up today! This card features the brand spanking new set from Flourishes called Let's Have Tea!
This card is really quite easy. I took a mix of Basic Grey and 7 Gypsies paper and covered my card front with the help of a Martha Stewart border punch, some stitching, crocheted lace, some olive green trim and a few color coordinating buttons. The main panel was done by cutting out some Flourishes European Watercolor Paper using my Labels 8 Spellbinders Nestabilitie dies. After I stamped my tea set using Versafine Black Onyx, I used Ranger Distress Inks and a water brush to paint my tea pot, tray and cup. I used Worn Lipstick, Broken China, Peeled Paint, Antique Linen and Weathered Wood inks.

Here's a close up! Fun stuff! I know there's only one cup there, but if anyone wants to join me, I'll grab a few more! :-) I will say that now through Thursday the entire Flourishes February Release is 10% off! You can click HERE to see.

While you are hopping around this morning, there is some FUN news over on the Flourishes Newsletter! There's a very talented woman who will be joining our DT! Just click HERE to find out who!

That's it for today! I'll see you back here soon!

6 comments:

Barbara said...

Gorgeous, Julie!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful, love the colors and your lace.

Deb Neerman said...

Beautiful, Jewels! Love the vintage feel!!

The Rubber Maid said...

so pretty Jules...have to steal it for my gal pals. Love it. Mom

Janine said...

I love it Julie!!

Darlene said...

Perfectly beautiful my friend! Yes, a "spot of tea" would be good right about now! I just finished snow blowing another 5" off the driveway!
So you know, there is blog candy available over on MY BLOG. Please feel free to check it out!!