Monday, March 22, 2010

Miss You....

Hi all, happy Monday! I thought I'd share a quick card to jump start your week!

This card actually has a really funny story behind it. I used the new Friendly Reminders set from Flourishes. I had a card style in my mind, a sketch and so set out to stamp (Flourishes Classic White, Memento Tuxedo Black Ink) and color. After I colored my image (Copic collections in Fields, Water, Cool Neutrals, Warm Neutrals, Flesh Tones 2, and Dahlia). I picked up an oval Nestabilities die, got my image all set and rolled it through. Well, wouldn't you know, my image shifted and I ended up cutting off part of my coloring job. Let's just say my reaction wasn't exactly PG or even PG13! LOL!

So.... I set out to make lemonade out of lemons!



I thought the only way to save this was to make sure something else was put on my card to make it look like an off center image was the plan the whole way! So, I used a pair of oval punches, a message from the set and added a little bit of burlap string and filled the void with a tag style sentiment. The rest is just putting the pieces together -- a little dp, a little stitching, a punched border, some paper piercing and... voila! I actually like this layout better than the one I scribbled out and planned! Do you ever sketch out your cards? I'd love to know!

As they say in France -- C'est Tout! Have a fabulous day and I'll see you back here soon! :-)

5 comments:

Janine said...

I think this is a beautiful card... I love bird houses!!
Have a great week sweetie!!

Anonymous said...

Love the space for 'you' of miss you to fill with flight and a visit! Papercrafting has such forgiving, flexible creativity! This card delightfully conveys a great message needing to be shared in this up and coming culture of cybermail to be ignored more than a voice to voice or handwritten communication. Well done.

Anonymous said...

I have actually sketched a couple out. I took and ruined good paper by cutting out most all of my Nestie sets, so I have an actual hard copy to play around with. Sure helps with the proportion thing. Hey, Jeff got my behind out on my bike one night last week and then the next night I had a flat tire. My big thing is combing the ditches for returnables. Plus it gives me an excuse to stop and rest every now and then. I figure if I can get out of the walnut grove along Butternut Creek, I'm good. It's up hill either way and coming home is a coasting breeze! Your biking adventures sound like grand fun! Yeah, I'm still around, just spending my surf time lookin for some closets without rubber turkeys on the floor,kwim?? You are still an awesome card creator, even if I don't stop by and tell you like I used to. I do still care and I remain faithfully "your" denise g.

Deb Neerman said...

An absolutely gorgeous "mistake," Jewels! LOVE this beautiful image, the DP, the color palette, oh, just everything, 'kay?!? LOLOL ...

Darlene said...

FABULOUS my friend! I think this is actually one of my all time "favorites"!! Funny how these things happen!! Awesome job (as usual, lol)! Hugs to ya!