Thursday, May 20, 2010

You've got a friend....

Are you ready for another IO challenge?? This one is all about friends! Simply design a card using at least one IO stamp for a close friend, then be sure to mail it!

For my creation, I wanted to let one of my friends from high school that I have lost touch with that -- we need to talk! So, I plan to put this in the mail this week to her....


I don't know why, but I am a sucker for "build your own tree" style sets. THIS one is my favorite but after seeing the one I used above, I can see a lot of fun uses for it too! I used the solid tree, and then after stamping it in Brown Vivid! ink, I took the solid tree leaves and stamped that in two shades of Memento Ink - Bamboo and New Sprout. And, then, who can forget the tire swing? I think this is a darling set of stamps! The sentiment is called Mini Miss You. I have to say because it is all stamping and no coloring -- this is a pretty easy peasy card that doesn't really take a ton of time. Perfect for those times when you just want to get a cute card in the mail!

Want to play in the challenge? You have until Saturday at 9 p.m. EST. Players will have their cards posted on the IO blog and the winner of the drawing will walk away with a $25 gift certificate to the IO online store! Click HERE for the official details!

Need some extra inspiraton? Click on over and see the other IO DT member's creations!

Jeanne
Jenny
Kathy
Dina
Laura
Deb
Rosemary

Thanks for stopping by! I'll be back tomorrow with some more goodies to share! See ya then!

7 comments:

Janine said...

Just gorgeous Julie!! Hope all is well with you!

Deborah March said...

Oooohhh Julie, your tire swing is just SO evocative for your theme...beautiful!!

Jenny Gropp said...

THis is darling! Love the build a trees too!

Shirley said...

Beautifully nostalgic for me! We had a tree swing like that when I was really little and young too! Ha! Lovely!

Katarina said...

I LOVE that tree! Such a fun card.

Laura said...

Beautiful! Friends from high school are extra special. I hope your friend loves getting this card!

Toni said...

What a beautiful, beautiful card. It just touches you, you know?!