Friday, February 18, 2011

Free For All FRIDAY!

TGIF! Today feels extra special because the kiddos have the day off which means, I think I will too! ;-)  And, being Friday, it's a free for all day for the gals over at Flourishes. All the gals are showing off some of their favorite projects using one of the two new sets that Flourishes just released last week.

What set did I pick? From the Desk of! And, my creation began with this little guy....

I had a bunch of these ATC envelopes. I wish I knew where I got them, but for some reason, I bought a pack of 50. So, before long, I had created a group of six mini cards! (They all measure roughly 2-1/2" by 3-1/2" when folded)

This being one....

 Here was another....
And another one...

For all three I stamped using Tuxedo Black Memento on Classic White Card Stock. Then, I pulled out the Copics and used the Peony, Spring Greens, Sunflower and Flesh Tones 2 collections grouped by Flourishes. Once I was done, I shaded with B0000 and then... added some glitter glue. I also added some score lines, just to give the front of some of these minis a little extra "ooomph!" I was actually inspired to do that thanks to one of the cards in THIS beautiful post from my teammate Christine. I just loved the look!

So, when I was all done, I put all six cards and the envies in a little tin that I altered in coordinating colors. I even found a small little pen (that I stole from a little notebook I got in the dollar section at Michaels.) See?
And, this is what it looks like all together! I used a flower from the Prima Dogwood Calcutta collection to give the lid of my tin a bit of pizazz. I just love the shabby look of them! The paper is BasicGrey Eva. I also stamped "From the Desk Of" on a pennant tag to adorn the front of my altered tin.

And there you have it... a little tin full of 6 easy and ready-to-go notes with a pen for gifts, little thank yous, or little notes of encouragement! I am not sure if I will keep this at my desk or give it as a little gift. I might need some more tins to make up a bunch of these!

Be sure to hop on over and see the rest of the Flourishes gals and what they created this week!

Barbara Anders
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Dawn Burnworth
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Jan Marie Caruso

And.... more goodies to report. Have you checked out the....

Everything on Flourishes Sale Page is now 20% off! Click HERE to check it out! This is also the last day to take advantage of the February New Release Bundle -- that's where you can buy both of the new sets for 10% off! Click HERE to check that out!

Well folks, hope you have a fabulous weekend! It's my son's last weekend of basketball... :-( So, LET'S GO RAMS!  See you all back here soon!

20 comments:

kathy s said...

I love this sweet little card set and tin and this new stamp set is a needed addition to my stamp stash- thanks for the inspiration

Dawn B. said...

This is a terrific idea. I really like the mini cards and they would be great for a small gift when you need it. Good luck to your son and have a great weekend.

CherylQuilts said...

Julie, what a wonderful idea, and what a beautiful set! I just got mine yesterday! Can't wait to play with it next week! Thanks!

Amanda said...

Ok, That Was A Wonderful Idea!!!!! I love the co-ordinating pan and tin with the various card ideas! Love it, Julie! :)

Yogi said...

beautiful set. They're such pretty stamps.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Julie, this is FABULOUS!!! Love that idea! I'm going to have to dig through all my envelops now and see if I have any little ones similar to yours! LOL

Barbara said...

What a fabulous project, Julie! I've never seen any of those envelopes but now I'm going to have to look for them!

ChristineCreations said...

What a gorgeous set Julie! I love the images as ATC size too! Beautifully colored.

Have a GREAT day off...and a fun BB game tonight too!

Charlotte said...

Oh, what an adorable little gift set! Makes me want to run out and try and find those tiny envelopes! Thank you for sharing.

Teepee said...

Julie: This is a terrific little gift. I suggest that you make a "couple" more so that you have an emergency stash!!

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh every one was as pretty as the next...pure loveliness!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, stop! This is too cute and clever. I mean, really! I love any thing in a darling little package like this. How cute for gift cards. Anyone would love to receive this as a special little gift!

Stacy Morgan said...

ACK... Oh Julie I LOVE these but I am sure you know that. The white space is fantastic and the size is super cute. Awesome little set.

The Rubber Maid said...

Love this set and the tin is just adorable IRL! what great creativity.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Julie, this is so sweet, love this set and what a beautiful gift!

Janine said...

Hi Julie!!! Just back from Jamaica!! Had a fabulous time!!!
LOVE this set!! Absolutely gorgeous!! How are you???

Nancy said...

Oh my gosh, Julie, this is a fabulous little gift set! It's perfect, especially with that new Flourishes set!

Susan said...

You always make such beautiful cards! Please check my blog:

http://susangoetter.blogspot.com

THere's an award there for you!

Carmen O. said...

What a gorgeous little set of cards. It helps to have envelopes on hand. Beautiful work!

Peachy Wessels said...

What a great little note set. This is a fun stamp set, with a lot of uses! Love your idea of using a tin, very pretty little gift set!