Monday, May 2, 2011

The Beauty of a Flower

Bring-Back-Beautiful_edited-2

As April showers bring May flowers... that's what this month's Bring Back Beautiful is setting it's sights on -- FLOWERS! Let's show off those beautiful blossoms. This month's challenge is being hosted by 'yours truly'. And, on top of using one of my favorite floral vignettes from the set From the Desk of -- I'm also using the brand new 1,2,3 Create Kit called Gabrielle! This kit has some gorgeous shades of blue and coral. If you haven't checked it out -- just click HERE to see just what you may be missing! ;-) Fellow DT members Barbara and Stacy are also showing off this kit as well, so hop on over to see!
BBB Flower copy

On to the very simple details of my card. After stamping on Flourishes Classic White cardstock with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, I colored my image using Copic markers and used the lighter shades of the Sunflower Copic Collection grouped by Flourishes plus the Spring Greens, Cool Neutrals, and my flowers were colored with the Sweet Pea Collection.I did highlight with the Copic colors B000 and B0000. After coloring, I did add some sparkle in the centers of my flowers thanks to some glitter glue! I added a sentiment from the Tag Lines set too.

HOW TO PLAY THE BBB CHALLENGE: Simply be inspired by some of those gorgeous botanicals that every stamper loves! Link up your BBB Challenge creation here on this post using the inlinkz widget. If you upload to SCS, please use the Keyword BBB10. Click on the link above to see all the challenge details! Be sure check out all the beautiful creations our challenge team whipped up with the beauty of a flower!
I can't wait to see what the rest of you create this month with a little "flower power!" Have a good start to your week and I'll see you back here soon! It's soccer tonight -- DD is on a high because, after three years of soccer, last week she actually scored her FIRST GOAL! Woo hoo! So fun to see my little 7 year old excited! Hope the sun is shining today in your corner of the world!

9 comments:

Kathy Jones said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Miss Julie!!! Gorgeous colouring and love the ribbon detail!! :)

Karen W said...

Beautiful card, I also loved this set.

Karen said...

Hi This is just lovely the colouring is great and i very much like the card Karen TB Ontario

Stacy Morgan said...

So sweet and simple Julie! I like the way you used the scallop ribbon, great coloring.

Amanda said...

I love your use of two polka dotted papers in different shades :) I love your card and coloring, it's absolutely Lovely! I am loving your great coloring skills!!

Jan Castle said...

Lovely card!!!

Shannon White said...

Ms. Julie! This is so pretty! love you coloring as always!
Hugs! 8-)
-S

Leslie Miller said...

I had to be sure to come back and comment on this one since it is so utterly gorgeous. LOVE the paper and this beautiful image which I'll someday come back to. Flourishes has so many beautiful stamps I can't possibly get my fill of them. Love it with your choice of sentiment and trim.

Heather Rogers said...

So beautiful, Julie. I love the coral colors you chose. I finally colored up this image and haven't put it on a card yet. :)

I did finally get a couple cards likned up at BBB. Yay!
Hugs~