Saturday, July 30, 2011

It's Christmas... in JULY!

Hi all! Hope you've had a great week. Boy, I have no idea where it went but -- while we soak in these fun summer days, Flourishes is trying to get everyone in the Christmas spirit -- with a Christmas in July Sale! For the next 24 hours, all Christmas sets are a whopping 20% off! What fun, right? Just click HERE to check it all out!

So, to get you in the spirit, I'm showing off a card I made with the Sweets of the Season set. I have to admit, every one of the images in this set brings a smile to my face!

When I picked up this set, I decided I wanted to use the little gingerbread people in this set to create a kind of garland draped over my card front. So... I stamped, colored with Copics (E31, E33, R27, R39, R35, RV00, RV02, YG13, YG03, YG00), cut out my couple and then strung baker's twine through holes I punched in their hands. The rest is just matting it up!

Here's a close up of my little couple, you can see I did add some sparkle thanks to some glitter glue. I also added some accents to their little eyes with an Inkssentials White gel pen.
And that, my friends is it! Be sure to stop on over to Stacy Morgan's blog today! She also is dishing up some Christmas delights!

Thanks for stopping by! See y'all back here soon!
~Julie

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Sweets of the Season
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic MarkersPaper: BasicGrey Eskimo Kisses
Extras: Stickles Glitter Glue in Diamond, Inkssentials Gel Pen, Red and White Baker's Twine, Red Kaiser Craft Rhinestone, Maya Road Red Gingham Ribbon, Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Trio

8 comments:

Traci M said...

What an adorable card...I love your gingerbread garland!! So sweetly colored, too...thanks for sharing such a cute idea!!

ecpiercy said...

What a cute card! I love how you strung the gingerbread and the pinking shear edge is just perfect. Great ideas!

Stacy Morgan said...

this is darling, the twine is a great idea with these guys. Very cute.

Allison Cope said...

So cute Julie! Love the background papers you used!

ChristineCreations said...

I SO love this set Julie! And I love how you've laid them out on the papers. Totally festive and adorable, right down to the little bow. Such great coloring too lady!

Glenda said...

Very festive and super cute!

Betty said...

Oh so Christmasy (not a word? LOL)Very pretty. After this humid, hot summer, I am ready for cooler weather but not the rest. If we end up with the snow like last year....Oh perhaps I need to mover south.

dpkennedy said...

They are so sweet! I love how you angled the paper-great design!