Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Time to Smell the Coffee!

Hi all! It's that time... time for another Impression-Obsession challenge and this one is about using stamping to make the hostesses and friends in our life... happy! Hostess Gifts are the challenge theme and you can read all about it plus the perks offered ($25 in the IO store if your project is the random winner!) by clicking HERE!

I have to admit, stamped hostess gifts or alterables are not my strength! But, anyone who knows me knows I LOVE my morning coffee and there's really nothing better than sharing a cuppa joe with a good friend. So, I decided to create a gift card box for a friend! (One that also loves java!)

On to my creation!

I have to say the Smell the Coffee clear set was perfect for my creation. Not only does it have some great coffee themed images, it's got fun sentiments too (I used two of them for this creation!)! I wanted to show a side view so that you could see my gift card holder does have some dimension...
And, when you flip the envelope over, you can see the gift card and how it slips inside!

You can see, I did stamp my image using brown ink (Memento Rich Cocoa) and then, I paper peiced some of the mugs to give each mug a different look! If you want the template, never fear! I did trace it out and scan it for you. Just click on the image below and print full size and... you're set! You're own ready-to-use template! I have to say, after I cut my template out, I did use my Scor-Pal to create my folk lines -- easy peasy!

All I have to do now is seal it up or, better yet, use my fun twine (I used Lemondrop & Cappuchino Twine) that I wrapped to secure my envelope flap in the back and... voila! Done! Ready to give to a friend as a way to say.... wait for it... Thanks a Latte! ;-)

Want to see what the other IO gals whipped up as fun little hostess gifts? Be sure to stop by and see.....

Daniela Dobson
Dina Kowal
Jeanne Streiff
Julie Koerber -- you are here!
Kathy Menzies
Laura Fulcher

Thanks for stopping by everyone! I'll see you all back here soon!
~Julie

6 comments:

Peachy Wessels said...

This is a really cute and fun gift card holder - who wouldn't want to receive it? Thanks for the template.

Glenda said...

A very adorable and useful item! Just love the stamp you used!

Daniela Dobson said...

How adorable!!! I have that set! Need to use it soon! Love the wrapped twine.

The Rubber Maid said...

A great gift holder idea..love it.
Who doesn't love getting a coffee gift but where's the scone?? Mom

Darlene said...

WOW this is awesome Julie! What a great idea and thanks for all the info on how to make it! LOOKS fabulous and I'm sure will be WELL received!
Your work is FABULOUS as always and I'm so glad a took a quick moment to stop by! Hope you & family have enjoyed your summer! Please tell 'Mom' I said hello also! MISS YOU ... take care and keep those wonderful, inspirational creations coming ... LOVE THEM ALL!!! Big HUGS!!

Shannon White said...

Wowzers Miss Julie! This is Fabulous! what a great gift card holder! Thanks for the Great template! I have that set and haven't inked it up yet, and this is the perfect inspiration, So Thanks so much Lady! 8-)

Big Hugs
Shannon 8-)