Thursday, April 26, 2012

From the Garden Blog Hop!

With garden time almost here for most of the U.S., we thought we’d share a little flavor of the season by showing off one of our “oldie but goodie” sets that honors this time of year! The set is called From the Garden and the entire design team used this set for their fun-filled Friday creations!  

On to my creations! I have to say I was inspired by two Flourishes gals this week! First, Cindy's Tutorial HERE on how to use the new Letraset Aqua markers made me want to give them a try! And Jan's tutorial HERE made me see the value in taking a simple design, and mass producing. 

So, I started with a VERY simple sketch. I wanted something that wouldn't take that long to create but still have some flair. So, this is what I came up with!


And here's a peek at card number 1! I used the petunias in the From the Garden set and some of the Bo Bunny Garden Girl paper. While this paper was from a kit, Flourishes still has some of that spunky card stock in the store that is perfect for this time of year - it's in bright and bold colors perfect for spring and summer! You can check it out HERE! After stamping my flowers (on all cards) with Versafine Sepia ink and heat setting, I let the watercolor fun begin! 


For the card above, I used Mahogany for the flower pot (being careful not to be too heavy handed and then blend with a water brush), the leaves were a mix of Spring Green and Fern Green and then the petals were done with Mauve and Royal Purple


For card 2, I used Rose Carmine for the petals, Mahogany for the pot and Bamboo for the greenery. On this creation, I used the Garden Girl paper with some Memory Box Valise and an older discontinued Memory Box paper that Flourishes used to carry. 


And for card three... I used Mahogany on the pot, Spring and Fern Green on the leaves and a mix of Cherry Blossom and Flamingo Pink for the petals. The paper on this last card was a bit from my stash, so I am not 100% certain what it is. :-(

And here's a peek at all three! They are ready to go -- to give for all occasions or to group and give as a set!  



The fun news? To honor gardens far and wide, you can get your green thumbs on our From the Garden set for 10% off through the weekend! So, hop on over to see what the Design Team created, be inspired, and then pick up your own set to create with at a discount!!  Sounds like a great idea to me! So, what are you waiting for! Head on over and see…….
Thanks for stopping by everyone! Hope you have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you back here soon!


Pin It

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I just love creating sets of cards to give as gifts! This set is so pretty! I'm inspired.
Beth Greco

Becky said...

Not one, but 3 fabulous cards. :)

Beate said...

You overachiever! LOL
All three cards look wonderful.
Have a great weekend!
Hugs and smiles

Ravengirl said...

What a beautiful trio of cards!

Sewflake said...

What a great trio of cards, I adore the look of each one and how different they look depending on the papers used. Love the delicate look of the water color pens, I will have to give it another try.

Cindy Lawrence said...

What a beautiful set of cards, Julie! Love your sweet sketch, and your coloring with the Aquamarkers is truly stunning, my friend!

The Rubber Maid said...

Beautious collection with artistic
talent showing all over the place.
MOM

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

Pretty cards! Love the sketch!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

These are so pretty, Julie... the pink gingham is my favorite!

denise g. said...

I think I need a pill. I want to PIN IT!! And I don't even have a spot. LOVE<> LOVE<> LOVE<> these cards! And your sketch is super excellent! I need to add this one to my official sketch book (your Mom is already in there and properly credited). Thanks for sharing and inspiring. Hope you have a great weekend. Mine is off to a good start - Mr Wonderful finally listened to my hints about the grinding noise and fixed the car's rear brakes last night.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

what a great set! Love the colors you used.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Just beautiful cards! I love the beautiful image in a variety of colors. Love the layout!