Wednesday, April 18, 2012

How about a little Flower Power!


Being that it is spring and the flowers are about to sprout left and right, Impression Obsession is capturing this time of year by ushering in a fun-filled Flower Power Challenge! So, grab those IO stamps and join us! You can click HERE for all the official details. I do know there is a $25 gift certificate on the line if your name is the lucky one that's drawn! 

On to my creation! 


I used Poppy Love and Poppy Love 2 for the main images on my card front and the stamp Bloom for the sentiment. I hoped that by masking and stamping, it would look like a group of poppies just reaching their "faces" to the sun! To color, I just stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black, then grabbed my Copic Markers and used R14, R24, R35, R01, G40, G43, and G46. I used Spellbinders Labels Twenty Three  (cut thanks to my Grand Calibur) to cut out my image and then, while the die was still on, sponged some Distress Scattered Straw ink over top. Add a black ribbon, some bling and some fun BasicGrey paper (Little Black Dress) and... ta da! Just that simple!

The whole design team decided to take the Flower Power Challenge so you'll have to head on over and see...

Daniela Dobson
Dina Kowal
Jeanne Streiff
Jenny Gropp
Jullie Koerber
Laura Fulcher
Vicki Garrett

Thanks folks for stopping by! Hope your week is shaping up nicely! Mine has been a blur... haven't even had tons of time to create. I know. I know -- that's tragic!! :-) See you back here soon! 

Pin It

10 comments:

Linda Carson said...

Oh I love that stamp and you showcased it beautifully!

Katie said...

This does look like one stamp the way you grouped them, I am glad you described what you did! Very elegant with the red and black. And beautiful coloring! Thanks for sharing!

Katie B.

Teri C said...

Breathtakingly BEAUTIFUL!!!

Ita said...

I love this card and thanks for explaining how you did it
Ita from Ireland

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautifully done- love the gorgeous coloring!!!

Craftyfield said...

Simple, elegant and beautiful.

Cindy said...

Very pretty card! Love that background shape you used :-)

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Julie! Love how you created it - thanks for sharing your magic!

April said...

So very pretty! I love the color combination and the coloring on the flowers.

denise g. said...

LOVE THIS! Yes, I'm shouting since you're so stinkin' far away. Hope you have a fabulous weekend - - I just finished baking cookies and I am going to an art class in the morning (why is it that I'll have no trouble getting up on a Saturday way earlier than I do to go to work and I'll be happy about it?) Oh and I used one of the windows stamps and made the prettiest card, so I'm off and running toward another fake blog for you. Of course, it could be awhile before I get enough stuff created that I think is worthy of sharing with you...