Thursday, October 25, 2012

Fall Into Friday!

Hello all! The Flourishes Design Team is feeling a bit "earthy" this week and decided as a team to all show off a Flourishes oldie but goody stamp set to create with! Forest of Trees has been on the all time favorite list for a while now and we are sure you'll agree once you see what my fellow designers did today with this gorgeous set! If you have't seen this set before.... here's a peek!

   

So pretty, don't you think? This set makes terrific "guy" cards too! On to my creation! I knew that whatever I did using this set, I wanted to make it clean and simple. And, I have no idea where this idea came from but I just started masking and grabbing inks. Before I knew it I ended up with this....


After deciding on a long and lean creation (one that would fit in a business sized envelope), I cut a piece of card stock to measure 1-1/2" and used that to trace a square on Flourishes Classic White. I used the square as a guide for masking and then lined up Post-It Notes along the trace lines. I grabbed some sponges and 4 different colors of Memento Ink and that's where the fun began! I used Lulu Lavendar, Moroccan Orange, Pear Tart mixed with Bamboo Leaves and Summer Sky. After the ink was sponged, I took some Versafine Onyx and stamped four different trees in different orientations on the squares while the masks were still on. The rest is just matting it all up! I used black card stock and some paper from Authentique called Gathering. Add a sentiment from the Life Lines Stamp set, some paper piercing, some ribbon and some bling and... ta da! Finished!

Here's a close up so you can see the trees a little better!


And, here's the sentiment! 


 Now, you'll have to head on over to my fellow Flourishes' designers to take a gander at their Mother Nature inspired creativity!

 Before you go.... I do have one more bit of FUN NEWS to share!

 

 Are you ready to take a gamble? Starting today, Flourishes will be hosting a progressive sale called our Gambler’s Sale! We’ll start the sale at 10% off all items on our SALE page and then, each Friday afterward, we will drop prices another 5% until all the items are going, going, GONE! Quantities are limited – so take a gamble and see how low these prices will go and risk losing the sale or buy them before they get snatched up! There will be no back orders on any of the products facing retirement. So, get these items before they are gone for good! Since we have to make room on our shelves for new products, this sale is bound to be good! Click HERE to take a peek at our sale pages!

 Thanks for stopping by everyone! Have a fabulous weekend. I hope it's one filled with fun and creativity!



 SUPPLIES USED:



Pin It

10 comments:

Karen W said...

This is a great idea and wonderful card!!

TLady said...

OH JULIE!!!!!!!!!!! THIS is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE how you used the DIFFERENT TREES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND the sentiment just TOPS IT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Nancy said...

Beautiful card! Love the design.

Allison Cope said...

Oh Julie... what an amazing card! So lovin' the sentiment to match your squares! Gorgeous card girl!

Stacy Morgan said...

Clever idea and I like that its a long and tall card. Beautiful fall creation.

Heather Rogers said...

What a great idea! I love what you did with this set. :)

Hugs~

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh...I totally love this layout and how you showed off the images! Very clever and beautiful!

Hope everything went well today??? Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers...hugs ~S~

Greta said...

One of my favorite cards, Julie! New to Pinterest (I know, way behind--LOL!) but I figured out how to pin this so I can see it over & over!

dpkennedy said...

Love your layout! What a great idea to showcase all of the tree's in this set! Love it!

Sparkly Engineer said...

Lovely, I feel as if I were looking at colored photos.