Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thanks a Bunch!

Hey all! Right before CHA, I made some creations with Becky Fleck's new line for Penny Black and guess what? I can't believe this! I didn't post those cards on my own blog! So, no time like the present, right? 

I love this time of year because not only do the flowers start to sprout outside but the ones that also sprout on my cards and creations! Instead of grabbing darker colors, I always reach for pinks and blues and, well, springtime colors! this card is no exception! 

So, for my card, I used Becky's new set called Thanks a Bunch! And, what is so incredibly fun about this stamp set is the fact that the set comes with a handful of flowers and then a handful of pots and jars to put them in! See?


You can create dozens of different combinations! I stamped the pot on decorative paper and then cut it out and matted it on my stamped image and then masked and stamped the tulips over top and then colored them up with Copic Markers. I cut them out and popped them up with some foam tape and the rest is matting it up! I grabbed some different decorative papers from my scrap bin and a strip of white card stock, which I then stamped the sentiment on. Pair the front of the card with some circle dies, some scalloped circle dies, a little bow and a little bling and... ta da! Done!

Here's a close up of the flowers!


Hope your week is going well and that this bouquet of spring flowers was just what you needed to add a little sunshine in your day! Thanks for stopping by and I will be back tomorrow with more fun! See you then!

~Julie



Pin It

2 comments:

Sparkly Engineer said...

The colors on the dp for this card are way kewl. I love the way the image is colored and focused.

Anonymous said...

Just the smartest, that's you with the pots and jars stamps on designer paper! Nifty, personalized and a solid demo for the rest of us to jump out of the box and into some mighty eyecatching spring floral displays delivering timely sentiments. Thanks, Julie.
Keep Looking Up!