Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Another one for Cards 4 Kids!

Not too long ago, I shared a new find that one of my friends, Christine Okken shared with me -- Birdie Brown Digital Stamps.  Just like most things, when I see something I like -- I have to dive in. That day I think I downloaded a dozen images and spent the last weeks just coloring them up! So, I'll share a card here and a card there and ALL will go to my mom's Cards 4 Kids program, which donates cards to kids recovering and being treated at Children's Hospital of Michigan.

Ok.. ready to see the latest creation?

I have to admit, this is a CASE of one of Torico's own cards! My style is a wee bit different. You'll have to click HERE and see! That link is also where you can download this free image! I printed the image out, colored it up with the Cool Neutrals Copic Collection (Flourishes) and then accented my little dolphin guy with a white gel pen. The "waves" were created just cutting decorative paper into those free-form shapes. Punch the sentiment with a 1-1/4" circle punch. Mat it up on a punched decorative orange scallop, add some paper piercing and... almost done! I did cut out my dolphin and pop him up using foam tape. If you look at Torico's card -- she had some fun rhinestones added on the waves. I thought I would keep those off since these cards were for little kids. I just had a nightmare about maybe a little one picking them off and trying to eat them! ;-) 

Here's a close up of the 'fin-tastic' dolphin!


And that, my friends, is it! Super fun, super easy, super cute for kids! Hope your week is off to a great start! I'll see you all back here soon!


~Julie

Pin It

4 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Julie, he's adorable! So glad you're enjoying these images from Torico!

Dianne said...

Hey Julie, love the new heading,I had to scroll back a couple of pages and I am in awe, outstanding cards, your coloring is PERFECT, I have to say my favorites were the 10 min. cards, I have a stack of those paint chips and will defiantly be trying some of those, but I'm sure it will take me a lot more then ten ,in. LOL.. Its been a pleasure visting and seeing all you wonderful work, thanks for sharing and have a wonderful week.

dpkennedy said...

Aw, this is adorable!

Terry said...

So glad you mentioned and featured a Cards4Kids uplifting card, Julie. What a hello from dashing dolphin! Great idea cased or shadowed! and a free image to color and shout about! Thanks for mentioning CARDS4KIDS, such a grand reason to papercraft. Keep Looking UP!
mt23stamperatyahodc