Thursday, November 21, 2013

Grab a Cup and Check out Flourishes' Release!


Hi all! Today we bring you another round of inspiration created with our brand new November Release Stamp sets from the Senior Design Team. We had so much fun with them we just couldn’t stop making cards! It’s our chance to show them off at least one more time while you can still purchase the November Stamp Bundle at a discount! Today is the last day the discount is available and we don’t want you to miss out!

For my creation -- I wanted to do a 10 minute card that mixed TWO of the new sets. And so..... here goes! 
 

I started with a little bit of Flourishes Classic White Card Stock. I stamped the cup from the new Grab a Cup stamp set, cut it out and then -- using some decorative paper, I stamped the cup again and then cut out just the java sleeve. Stamp the little logo using Memento Love Letter ink and punch out using a 3/4" circle punch. See?

Then.... comes the card base! I used Flourishes Classic Kraft and made a 4" by 4" card. About an inch from the bottom, I used my Scor-Buddy and scored a couple lines on the back side of my card front. Stamp the sentiment underneath and... almost done! I wanted to use the So Distressed set because of those fabby little coffee stains and drops! I inked up the stamp with Memento Toffee Crunch and then -- while the ink was still on the stamp, I rolled the outside of the stamp in Espresso Truffle so that there would be a darker element on the outside... See? 

Add the coffee cup using some foam tape, some red and white baker's twine around the bottom and some enamel dots in red and... ta da!! Done! Now that you've hopped here to see this quick and easy creation, you'll have to see what warm and cozy creations the rest of the Flourishes DT has for you to see today!


Thanks for stopping by! See you back here soon!
~Julie
SUPPLIES:


Pin It

10 comments:

Rosy Newlun said...

Awesome - your background looks just like a real used coffee table with the cup rings on it!

Leslie Miller said...

Fabulous! I really love the coffee rings. They're so realistic. Great ten minute card, Julie! Happy Friday and happy belated birthday!

ChristineCreations said...

I love how these two sets look together. Cozy and warm with almost a pepperminty feel. Very sweet Julie!

TLady said...

VERY NICE JULIE!!!!!!!! This IS A FUN SET!!!!! AND I LOOOOOOVE those coffee stains too!!!!!! ;) They never fail to appear when having a cup of coffee!!!!!!!!:) KEEP ON SHOWING us all you creations with these new sets!!! I can't play with mine till Christmas!!!!!!!!:)

Jean Bullock said...

Love this card and the coffee stains are a cool touch. Well done. I also want to wish you a late Happy Birthday!

Heather Rogers said...

Great CAS design. Love the red twine. :)

Allison Cope said...

Super yummy card Julie! Love the use of the distressing stamp set for the back ground! Fabulous!

Allison Cope said...

Super yummy card Julie! Love the use of the distressing stamp set for the back ground! Fabulous!

Cheryl said...

Love it! Red looks so pretty against the kraft cs, and the new distress stamps are amazing! The coffee cup stain is my fav. :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Awesome!!! This is classy even with the "stain" hee hee