Tuesday, July 1, 2014

It's a Power Poppy Hop!



Hi all and Happy Tuesday! Did you know it's time for........



It's a day when all of the Power Poppy designers a.k.a. The Bloom Brigade roll out the red carpet for the brand new release and show off one more creation with these beautiful and new images! You can find all of the new digital images HERE in the new Bloom Wildly collection by Power Poppy!

For my creation, I chose to layer the image from the Countryside Bouquet. I chose a 3.5 inch by 3.5 inch canvas and then I moved the bouquet so that it would accent two corners. I adjusted the color a bit and added in the sentiment. If you wondered how I did it, check out my tutorial on using digi images with Photoshop Elements HERE!

After I printed my image, I colored it up with Copic Markers in some very pale shades. I wanted my image to almost look sun-bleached and antiqued in a way -- easy breezy! I used YR00, V01, G20, R00, and shaded some of the petals with W00. That's it! I really love the look...



The rest is just simply matting it up! I added some paper piercing, some BasicGrey and Authentique paper and the little bits of bling are from Prima - ta da! Here's one more look!


Want to see what the rest of the Bloom Brigade whipped up for this oh-so-special Power Poppy Hop? Stop by and see.....

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Danielle Kennedy
Dawn Burnworth
Julie Koerber >>>> you are here!
Kathy Jones
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha LeyendekkerDina Kowal


Hope you had fun hanging out with me these past few days! Have a fabulous week and I'll see you back here soon!

~Julie


Pin It

6 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, I just love soft colors you've used! Another beauty! Hugs!

ChristineCreations said...

I absolutely LOVE how you printed and coloured these....almost like a tinted photography. So amazing girl!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Julie, very soothing and fabulous design.

Kathy Jones said...

OH.MY.WORD. Julie this is just stunning!! Love how you've used this image and the soft, muted colours are gorgeous!! SO, SO TALENTED!!

Dawn B. said...

I used your tutorial last week and loved it. You did a great job. I have such a hard time with softness but LOVE the way it looks. Great job.

Allison Cope said...

Jaw dropping beautiful... I have to say, this card truly blows me away. I love the almost tone on tone work. It's AMAZING... no FANTASTIC... it's just awesome!!!