Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Power Poppy Sneaks: Poinsettia!

Hello all and welcome to the final day of the Power Poppy Sneaks showcasing the Happiest Holidays Collection! Don't you just love these images so far? Well, just like I promised, today's set is as pretty as it is classic. It's a set that I just KNOW I will be reaching for time and time again to deliver some Christmas cheer!


Ahhh..... doesn't this Poinsettia image just beg to be colored? Can't you just smell the pine needles and feel the soft and silky Poinsettia petals? I just love the beautiful imagery in this set and I know you will too! 

In addition to that stunning image in the graphic above, you'll find this elegant stocking adorned with a poinsettia, a splash of ribbon and stuffed with goodies. I just love the sweet feeling captured in this image! Don't you??


I started by stamping my image in Memento Espresso Truffle and then colored it up with Copic Markers (R81, R83, R85, G40, G43, G46, G20, Y21, YR0000, and E81). After coloring it up, I cut out my image and the rest is just matting it all up! My papers are a mix of Theresa Collins' Santa's List, Stampin' Up and a bit from my paper scrap bin. I stamped the sentiment on a strip that I notched the end off for a pennant effect. I used a couple Spellbinders dies -- Layered Poinsettia and the die cut behind my image is Fancy Lattice.  I added a bit of bling and some paper piercing and... ta da! Done!

Here's a close up! 


And that, my friends, is it! I can guarantee that if you hop around and see what the rest of the Bloom Brigade whipped up with this set, you  won't regret it! So... what are you waiting for? ;-)

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Danielle Kennedy
Dawn Burnworth
Julie Koerber >>>> you are here!
Kathy Jones
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker
The Power Poppy Blog >>>> Get Marcy's take on these fabulous new sets!

Well folks, the fun continues tomorrow when the entire Bloom Brigade gathers back for one heck of a card making parade! We'll all share one of our favorite images AND guess what? These gorgeous sets will ALL be available for sale in the Power Poppy Shop! Too much fun to miss..... so I'll see you back here tomorrow!

~Julie


Pin It

11 comments:

Dawn B. said...

This is soooooo awesome. I love love love the soft colors. I would have never thought of that. Your card is so pretty.

Patti J said...

Oh my.....love this to pieces! Great job!!!

ChristineCreations said...

Love the soft colours on the stocking! It gives it a fresh light feeling. And the little poinsettia accent is so cute too!

Karen W said...

Very pretty and love the lattice with this stamp also.

Holly said...

Awwwwwwww this is so sweet!!! I love that lattice background and the beautifully soft colors you've used!

loulou said...

Beautiful card, I really like your design and the two tone die cut poinsettia. Marcella's image is so lovely.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Julie, I love the soft colors you used to make this lovely card, not that bright greens and reds are not pretty. I love the lattice background and I have this die so, how lucky can I get. Thank you so much for sharing.

Leslie Miller said...

Sweet and pretty! Your color choices are scrumptious and I love the lattice setting for the stocking. If I didn't have this set already I'd run straight to Power Poppy and buy it just because of this card!

Stacy Morgan said...

Feminine and gorgeous! I really love this layout and all around design. Your coloring is fantastic!

Allison Cope said...

It's so soft and dainty and pretty! Love the die cut back drop for your beautiful stocking! Simply gorgeous Julie!

CherylQuilts said...

Well, I'm inspired with this darling Christmas stocking! What a sweet card, and I love the Fancy Lattice behind to make the stocking pop! (And I see you paper pierce from time to time too! I love it!) Lovely, sweet friend!