Monday, October 13, 2014

10 Minute, Sketch Inspired Creation!

Hi all -- time for another PageMaps Monday -- when we dig into the CardMaps possibilities, pick a sketch and bring it to life! Today's card literally took me 15 minutes and that's why I'm excited to share!

On to my creation!

I have to say, I had already stamped and punched these butterflies and they were just sitting on my stamping desk. The images are from the Stampin' Up set called Kinda Eclectic and I stamped them using Memento Sweet Plum and Memento Cantaloupe. After stamping, I used the Elegant Butterfly punch as well as the Bitty Butterfly Punch.  Once I saw those and saw this sketch below -- I knew I could whip out a card in no time flat! 


The panels of decorative paper are 1-7/8" by 3" and then matted onto 2" by 3-1/8" pieces of white card stock. The shorter decorative panels are 1/7/8" square matted on 2" white squares. Attach it to your card front, making sure to wrap one of the longer panels with some silver cording and you're almost done! I did add a sentiment from the Another Thank You clear stamp set from Stampin' up using Sweet Plum, punched it out using a 1" circle punch, matted it on a 1-1/4" circle punch, punched a 1/16" hole at the top, threaded my cording through and then tied it in a bow! Attach the little butterflies with glue dots and accent with rhinestones and... ta da! Done! Easy peasy lemon squeezy! 

Here's a close up of those little butterflies. I am seriously in love with them! ;-)


So you see, inspiration is literally just a click away over at CardMaps! Click HERE to see the latest round of sketches and HERE to go through all of the CardMaps archives! Grab a cup of coffee before you go -- you're going to want to stay awhile! ;-)

See you back here soon!
~Julie


Pin It

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Got to love those 15 minute cards, especially when they turn out this awesome! Love all those fun papers!