Monday, October 6, 2014

PageMaps Monday!

Hi all! Like most Mondays, I like to share a little PageMaps fun to get that creativity started for the week! There's nothing better than picking out a fun sketch and putting it to paper! And, this month, there's a whole new crop of Cardmaps Sketches! Just check them all out HERE!

On to my card! Here's a peek at the finished creation..... 


And here's the sketch that inspired it! 


I used Penny Black's stamp set called A Bunch for this one. I love the fact that this set has a variety of blossoms and then a handful of ways to display them -- a terra cotta pot, a vase or... like I chose -- I mason jar! ;-)

The images were stamped with Memento Espresso Truffle and then colored with Copic markers Y32, Y35, Y38, Y00, G20, G21, and G24. The jar was stamped on decorative paper, cut out and overlayed so that my flowers looked like they were just happily sitting inside!

Here's a close up!


The rest is just matting it up! All of the papers were from Carta Bella's Hello Again paper pack. I followed the sketch pretty much to a tee -- using an EK Success border punch, some May Arts Twine and a Spellbinders die for the curvy edge. 

And that, my friends, is it! Need some inspiration to kick start your week? All you need to do is hop on over to CardMaps and see all the fun sketches for this quarter! 

I'll be back soon and hope you will too! 
~Julie


Pin It

1 comment:

Becca Cruger said...

Your aesthetic and talent with matching patterns constantly astounds me. Really really lovely.