Saturday, June 6, 2015

Power Poppy Sneaks Day 4: Move the Soul!


Hi all -- it's DAY FOUR of the Power Poppy release here on the ole blog and today's set is sure to rev a few engines out there in blog land. Do you have a man in your life who rides on two wheels -- or heck -- better yet -- do you? Then Move the Soul is one "must have" set!!! Inspired by our Power Poppy Peep in Chief, a.k.a. Marcella Hawley's "moto love!" Even she lives life at full speed on her spunky red Yamaha! Oh my gosh, I love that girl's zest for life!


 On to my creation!



Since I had a blast with yesterday's card being influenced by the graphic Marcy created to intro the set, I decided, "Hey, why not try that again?"  So, here goes! A little black and green implosion here! I stamped my main image in Memento Tuxedo Black and then accented it with C01, C03,YG00, YG23 and YG05 Copic Markers by literally scribbling here and there! 

If you look at the close up below, you can also tell that I added a bit of sparkle with a Sakura Stardust Gel Pen. And see that splotch at the bottom corner of this close up below? Well, that little grunge effect is in the set as well! 



And so is this little number on the left of my image. It was hysterical -- when Marcy was in the middle of designing this set, I told her that it needed some of these grungy elements -- like a fun tire track. Wow, did she take me seriously because she literally took some muck and ran over a piece of paper with her tire, ultimately shrinking down the image to this fun border. This is Marcy's ACTUAL tire tread! HA! Love it!  I thought that accenting it with a few fun screw head brads would add pizzazz. 


And, here's the inside! LOVE this little sentiment and the fun stars, which are also in this set! 


I thought this card was fun because it stretched me a bit. I realize now that you can really add whimsy by coloring something up in a way that you normally wouldn't. I also learned that pairing lime green and gray is a super fun color scheme! 

Okay folks, kick start yourself on over to the rest of the Bloomies' blogs and see how they got in on the action with today's set! 

Julie Koerber >>> you are here!
Katie Sims
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker

FINAL DAY OF THE POWER POPPY SNEAKS IS...... TOMORROW! So, be sure to swing by and see what we have in store. Tomorrow's set just might have you saying... "BEST. DAY. EVER!!!"  ;-)


See you back here soon!
~Julie


Pin It

6 comments:

Katie Sims said...

Julie, I am loving your gray and green color scheme, your fun write up, and the little details you added to amp up the masculine vibe here....those brads are perfect! This will make some guy very happy! :)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, I just love this photo of the amazing Miss Marcy on her bike, and she sure goes have a zest for life!! Love it! And I'm so glad you stretched yourself, because this is a fabulous card...and what a chuckle to learn that Marcy actually used her own bike tracks for a stamp. Now that has to be a first...hehe! Fabulous colors together and just an all-around great guy card...something I so need help with. Thanks for this one! Hugs! Vroom! Hah!

Kathy Jones said...

Julie this is awesome - almost a retro kind of look!! Great use of the tyre tread and the brads are a perfect accent!! FANTASTIC!!

ChristineCreations said...

You know what? When I saw Marcy’s graphic I was totally inspired by it too...I thought I’d have to try something like this as well, but you beat me to it girl! It looks so great! And I love hearing that it’s her actual tire track too!

Stacy Morgan said...

Too cool! I do like seeing all these guy cards. Awesome!!!

Leslie Miller said...

I REALLY love the way you colored this, Julie! A great card for an awesome set!