Friday, July 17, 2015

Ranunculus Among Us! ;-)

Hello there folks!  Hope you're having an ever-so-happy Friday and are looking forward to a little R & R this weekend! If you have some creative endeavors planned for your downtime, Power Poppy has got a little show and tell for you that just might spark some fun in your stamping space! If you missed the post HERE on the 15th, set your sights on this beauty that just so happens to be the latest addition to Power Poppy's Instant Garden......


Ahhhhh..... look at those options for color! This beauty called Ranunculus is also paired with a gentle sentiment aimed at "Sending Peace" to those friends in need. Best yet? It's available right now HERE to download, print and color. How's that for instant gratification?

So, let's get to my creation!


One thing you'll learn if you snag this digital beauty is that it is a large image. It's original size is about 3" by 5".  I decided that for my card today, I would downsize it a wee bit and I chose to make it more like 2" by 4".  I really love it at this size. That's the thing about digital stamps,-- you can enlarge or decrease to your heart's content!

After I was done printing onto Cougar Opaque white card stock, I grabbed my Copic markers and here's a peek at the markers that I used....


And, here's a close up of the finished creation! I had a lot of fun shading around my image with light shades of yellow plus the G20! You can kind of see the little stippled bits I added too....


The rest is just matting it all up! I used some scraps from my paper bin and these are all a mix from a whole bunch of different companies -- wish I could tell you from which collections! Sorry folks! I do know that the button is one of my oldies but goodies from BasicGrey that has a bit of pink twine threaded through! And that, my friends, is it!

Now it's time to turn things over to my fellow Bloomies, who are on standby to show off their latest creative pursuits using this brand new digital stamp!



And, if you need a wee bit more inspiration, it's always just a click away on Power Poppy's Pinterest Boards HERE. That's where you'll find EVERY stamp set released -- including Ranunculus --  and samples to go along with each. So, grab a cuppa joe and spend some time pinning some of your faves!

Before I go, don't forget about the monthly challenge Power Poppy hosts -- you could win a free stamp set of your choice!

All you need to do, according to challenge hostess Leslie Miller, is put three different patterned papers in to play on your card or creation! So, mix it up with pattern and pizazz! Click HERE for the details and to link up your creation when you're done!

Thanks for stopping by folks! Hope you have a fun and fabulous weekend in store! 

~Julie


Pin It

5 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Julie, how beautiful! I love the variegated coloring of your flowers...these sure are beauties and fun to color! And what a beautiful layout with the great DP! I love that great button with the pink twine and your fishtail banner for this wonderful sentiment! It's a gorgeous card, my friend! Hugs! (Now I need to go pull out more DP myself and see about this challenge!!)

ChristineCreations said...

mmm, love the combination of pink and yellow in these blooms Julie, great use of paper too!

Leslie Miller said...

Pretty, Julie! And a nice dose of fun with the big polka dots. Actually, gingham and polka dots are my two favorites. Love how you colored and shaded the flowers.

Allison Cope said...

How pretty is that?!? Love the colours you chose Julie! What a fabulous and fun back ground you created too! Love it all!

Lagene said...

Beautiful, I love the pink and yellow, lovely card!