Friday, November 27, 2015

Black Friday at Power Poppy!

Hello all! For those of you in the good ole U.S of A., I hope you had a blessed and special (and tasty) Thanksgiving Day! We had a quiet day with just our kids and my mom. The turkey was just right and the company was even better! 
As we kick off the holiday season, Power Poppy wants to help you ring in the CHEER! And that's why Marcella is hosting not a one day, not a two day but a three day extravaganza with 20% off all clear and digital stamps plus a super special on a darling little scarf-bedecked snow dude! 

This little guy with a sweet little bird on his twiggy arm is ready for a long winter's day.  He's ready to... "just chill!" In addition to this fun snowman, you also get the sentiment "Let's Chill" plus a fun little snowflake background too! You can find it all HERE!  So, get on over to Power Poppy to get this three piece digital stamp sets for just a BUCK! Now through Monday, it is just $1!!!

Now to create, I just simply printed the snowman and sentiment on white card stock and then changed the color of the snowflakes so that they would be a fun blue backdrop to my card. After I printed and trimmed down the white snowflake panel, I spritzed on some light blue ink that was dilluted in a mister. Oh, yes, before I forget!! If you need any help changing colors or need help with digital stamps in general, I did a tutorial back when Power Poppy launched its digital line and you can find that tutorial HERE! 

After I was done printing the snow guy, I added just a bit of color with BG0000, BG000,, BG11, BG13, R35, R32, C00, C01, and C03. Add a little sparkle with glitter glue and mat it all up with a button and a bow and... ta da!!! Fini!

Here's a close up!


Thanks for stopping by today! Be sure to stop by the Power Poppy blog HERE for all the details on this weekend's sale and also to see what some of the other Bloomies did this week creatively!
See you back here soon!
~Julie


Pin It

7 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, your little snowdude is adorable, and I love how you've used the snowy background and spritzed it with more blue. Sweet layout, and I love that adorable button with the jute! So sweet! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, really love what you did with the snowy background, Julie! And his rosy cheeks and cute button and festive papers -- so fun!

Stacy Morgan said...

He is adorable... I like the colors, and the sketch. super cute!

ChristineCreations said...

MMM love the spritzy feel of the background with the snowflakes Julie, and that glittery paper is lovely too. Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family!

Kathy Jones said...

Ooooh Julie!! Love the way you used the background and the pop of red is FABBY!!! Love the touch of sparkle too!! So happy to hear you can a good Thanksgiving! :)

Debbie Olson said...

Gorgeous, Julie! I love how you used the snowflake pattern as background paper too--great idea! Also, thank you of that article on how to use digital stamps. It was a huge help to me, and I refer people to it almost every time I post a digital image. :-)

Barb said...

Really pretty card, Julie! I love what you did with the background. And that peek of glitter paper is the perfect touch for these frosty friends.