Friday, January 29, 2016

Change of Plans!

Well dear stamping friends, last week I colored up THIS image and promised to be back with it today to show you what I came up with. Sad to say, I had lost my mojo! If someone finds it can you please send it back to Montana for me? ;-) I am hoping that it isn't too obstinate and comes home soon!

Actually, I did create a card though. When I set my eyes on the new digital stamp from Power Poppy called Follow Your Heart, I had a color fest while watching TV and before I knew it the paper was flying and I was making a card out of it!

On to my creation!

After I was done printing and coloring with my Copic markers, I cut the image out and then, using foam tape, popped it up on a Spellinders Shapeabilities Lace Hearts Die. While the die was still on my paper, I sponged on some Spun Sugar Distress Ink for a soft glow. I mixed and matched up some decorative papers. Cut one snippet of paper out thanks to a fishtail style banner die. Added an arrow die cut. Popped on some sequins and... ta da! I had a lot of fun adding the different dies to get the end result!

Here's a close up for you! I did add some razzle dazzle thanks to some glitter glue as you can see....


And that, my friends, is it for me today! If you want to see what some of my fellow Bloomies whipped up using this new image, follow this link list below for Power Poppy's weekly Bloom Brigade Parade! 



Before I say so long and farewell, don't forget that there's one day left to play along in the Power & Spark Stretch Yourself Challenge! Entries will be taken through Sunday, so have some fun and play along with us Bloomies! :-)


~Julie


Pin It

5 comments:

Allison Cope said...

Well you certainly had some kind of mojo for making this card girl - it's wonderful! I love your patterned paper choices and the subtle colours of your blooms are beautiful!

Donna Ellis said...

Julie, it's beautiful! I love the final results (especially the inking on the top part of the heart!) I did see your mojo - waiting for the bus from Tampa to Orlando. She couldn't handle any more cold weather and came down to play at the amusement parks, and take back the inspiration from the lovely botanical gardens in the area. She CLAIMED to have asked permission. She promised she would be home for Valentine's Day. If she's not back by then, let me know and I'll make sure she gets home. She's just not the Same without your incredible skills and abilities. Yes, I probably am a whacko, but harmless, I promise! LOL

Thanks for sharing your fantastic card! Hugs, de

Leslie Miller said...

I'm just loving the sweet blush of color you gave the roses! You always make it look so easy and it comes out awesome! That arrow die cut is so cute! Mojo or not, this is a fabulous card!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, sweet Julie, I love this card and don't see your mojo missing at all! The heart is beautifully colored, and I love the great layout with the arrow pointing to the sentiment! Just the sweetest! Hugs, sweet friend!

Joan B said...

beautiful! if this is what you create with no mojo, then watch out!