Sunday, February 21, 2016

Power Poppy's Grow Everyday Collection is HERE!

After five days of fun-filled sneaks with explosions of color and ingenuity, the Bloom Brigade is sparking a Power Poppy Hop, helping us to roll out five new sets that will keep you coloring and creating your heart out! Welcome to the official release day of The Grow Everyday Collection! 

Have  you checked out the Bloomies' creations this week? If not, I strongly encourage you to traipse back through this week's posts to play a little bit of catch up over on the Power Poppy Blog!  Those gals were on creative overdrive and I know you won't be disappointed that you took the time! With all of that inspiration out there in the blogosphere, now it's your turn to get those fingers inky with these brand new sets! Each set comes with a style all its own and--- guess what? They are all available now in the Power Poppy Shop! 

Take a peek at these beauties, will you???












On to MY creation for the hop! I know playing aroung with Copic reinkers isn't a new technique but as I was grabbing for my markers, I thought it might be fun to literally drip color on my paper and use that as a backdrop for one of the new Power Poppy sets -- Small But Mighty Affirmations!  I started with a little YG00.


And then, broke my piece up into two sections and added BG11, BG000, BG0000, G0000, G11, and then a little YG13 in the top portion....


I liked the way the colors mixed and melded as each drop hit the paper! Here's a peek at what both looked like with the sentiment stamped on top!


And, as you can see below, this is how it all came together with a mix of blue decorative papers, a little snippet of silver cording, a green glitter button, some paper piecing and some green pearl paper for a bit of extra color. 


And that, my friends is it! In the spirit of this special day, the Bloomies have yet another card to share for a full-fledged, color infused Power Poppy Pop in honor of this new release! Woot Woot! Way to take this one into overtime ladies!

Thanks for stopping by and spending a wee bit of your day with us! I have to say that I hope you had a chance to play along in Power Poppy's February Power & Spark Challenge. Last call is coming your way, just 8 days from now! The good news is leap year does give us one extra day in February to let your creative mojo flow! Take advantage of it my stampin' peeps! 

Until then, why not hop over to the Power Poppy Shop to stock up on a fresh crop of clear stamp sets? All the best to you and yours on this fine Sunday! 


~Julie


Pin It

5 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Love it! Those ink colors are fabulous and make such a great background for the senti. Really pops it! So cute, Julie!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, what a fun post!!! I loved seeing the progression of photos as you dripped the Copic ink onto the paper and then stamped the images. And then - voila! Your card! I love it and think it's a great and fun idea for mixing things up and using some scrap papers and some dies and ribbon or cord. Oh, and you know how much I love paper-piercing! What fun, and you've really inspired me with this one! Sending warm hugs, and thanks for a wonderful week of delights. I'm stoked!

Karen W said...

This is so cute, very clean and simple and you can use it for so many occasions.

Davi said...

Super card!! I love the way you did the dotted background for the great sentiment!!

Lynne said...

Like your card very much and your puppy even more. Don't blame you for not getting angry with her. Sure spoiled a great card though.