Friday, June 17, 2016

Sending Prayers....

Hello all and happy Friday to you! Goodness, where did this week go? I have no idea! I hope you have some fun plans ahead. I have to say, because of the speed of this week, I didn't have a ton of time to create and most of my creative pursuits simply involved coloring. When Power Poppy released a brand new digi last Wednesday -- Rose & Chamomile -- I knew I had to curl up on the couch with some good shows and my Copics nearby to settle in for a color fest!

On to my creation! I decided to color up just the single rose in this digital stamp set. I loved the clean and crisp beauty of it!


 After printing, I grabbed these Copic Markers - RV21, RV23, RV25, R01, RV00, G20, G21, and G24. The outside of my image was shaded in a drop shadow fashion with BV000, BV00 and BV02.

Here's a close up, see?


The rest is simply matting it all up! When I went through some of my decorative paper scraps, I was happy to find this little bit of rose and rose bud adorned decorative piece of paper! I added in a few different shades of solid decorative paper, a sentiment flag featuring the sentiment from this new digi set, some paper piercing and a little fun rhinestone flourish just to bring a bit of bling! I love to have these kinds of cards "on standby" just for those times when you want to send a hug or two across the miles!

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if I sent this before the month was over and if I did, it would be perfect for this month's Power & Spark challenge....


This challenge is all about sharing some love for no particular reason -- sending happy or loving thoughts "just because!" You'll have to click HERE to read up on all the official details! You could win a FREE Power Poppy stamp set of choice!

And now, sweet stamping friends, it is time to turn things over to the rest of my Bloomies to see what creative things they whipped up and are sharing today on this Power Poppy Friday! Be sure to head on over and see......




Thanks so much for stopping by! I so love your visits and comments! Hope you have a fabulous weekend and I will see you all back here soon!


~Julie


Pin It

8 comments:

Kathy Jones said...

Beautiful Ms Julie!! I love this single rose too and love how you've coloured it up - so pretty with the doily and touch of bling!!

Leslie Miller said...

This is such a beautiful digi set and I'm dying to color it up. Still trying to catch up with my PP digis. A beautiful card you made, pairing this rose with the rosy paper. And so sweet with the doily. Always perfection from you, Julie!

Karen W said...

Very pretty, beautiful coloring and papers.

Lisa Lara said...

i love the colors you used on your rose Julie!

ChristineCreations said...

This has a real vintage feel with the elegance of the rose, that perfect background paper and the doily! So sweet Julie!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, I love your card! The simple rose is beautifully colored and shaded, and I love the layout with this sweet DP you've found along with the lovely doily and bling! Totally a gorgeous card that will surely encourage that special someone! Hugs, sweet friend!

Allison Cope said...

It is completely stunning Julie! I love your choice of soft papers. Love every inch!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty! The doily is perfect with the rose. I do like the jeweled flourishes touch.