Friday, December 9, 2016

Old Saint Nick!

Hello all and the Happiest of Fridays to you! Are we in the Christmas spirit yet? You know there's only 16 days, right? ;-) Well, even though Christmas is a couple of weeks away, this week ushered in the feast of St. Nicholas (December 6th). So, in honor of the special day, I thought I'd give St. Nick a nod with my creation! 


This card uses the Glittering Glass Santa digital stamp set from Power Poppy. After printing it up, I fussy cut the image and then colored it up with Copic markers using G20, G21, G24, G28, R24, R27, R32, C03, C05, YG00, YG03, YG11, G000 and E0000 and RV00 for his skin and cheeks. I did add a little C000 and BG0000 to the beard for a little shading, although you can't really see it all that well and I added a little glitter glue to all the fluffy parts of his jacket too! 

Here's a closeup for you! 


The decorative paper is Stampin' up and the die is a stitched rectangle die from MFT. And that, my friends, is it! So far I have about 20 down, ten to fifteen more Christmas cards to make! Normally we do a family Christmas letter but I decided to put a personal spin on the holidays and make each and every card I send! Ask me on Christmas Eve how I did! ;-)

Before I go, don't forget to check out some of my fellow Bloomies' blogs to see what they've been up to this week! 




Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful (& warm) weekend!

~Julie

4 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, what a beautiful card, and I LOVE the rich DP you've used to make such a gorgeous card! I love the Christmas tree bough with the ornaments and this dear vintage Santa on it. Beautifully colors and made! I LOVE it!! Oh, and your fussy cutting was so worth it! Hugs, sweet friend!

Unknown said...

Loving your mixing and matching of Designer Papers. Your framed Santa Ornament s beautifully colored, love how he is just 'hanging out'. Very festive, very merry!

Leslie Miller said...

Julie, your card looks so very festive with all the pretty red papers. Love the mix of plaid and polka dots. Then you went and put it on the tree. Looks just like one of your prettiest ornaments! Happy holidays!

Stacy Morgan said...

This is classic Christmas feel, great papers and I like this santa! :-)