Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Happiest Holiday 2017: Day 2!

Hello Power Poppy fans and welcome to day 2 of the HappiestHoliday 2017 week of sneak peeks! Yesterday, we welcomed a frosty and cute little snow guy. Today’s offering takes on a more rustic flair. Do you love the woodsy look and aim to share that vibe with your holiday cards? Well, my friends, then this new Power Poppy set is right up your alley!


Rustic Rejoicing is a celebration of all things woodsy, as we rejoice and give thanks! Two unique focal images offer elegant imagery to set your holiday cards apart. A loopy ribbon that you can color up any old way you wish sets off a pretty bough with pinecones and jingle bells! Taking a pause from spreading peace throughout the land, a dove rests in a fir tree, olive branch poised. Add glowing detail to the holiday bulbs for just that extra bit of sparkle!

For my creation, I chose the rustic cones complete with a perky red ribbon and a wee bit of sparkle!


After stamping my image, I reached for my Copic markers and grabbed E31, E23, E25 and E0000 for the pinecones. When I was done coloring, I did accent the scales of the cone with some fine tip brown marker accents. The pine branches were colored up with G40 and G43. The bells were colored with Y26, Y28 and blended with Y00. The red ribbon was colored with R14, R24 and R27 and blended with R30 before being accented with some white gel pen dots. I also added a little glossy accents to the bells, even though it didn’t show up in my photo! Add a layer of glitter paper, a sentiment from the set and a fussy cut accent from the set and you’re good to go!

Here’s a close up!


I have to say – I tried something a bit risky! I did highlight around my image using the Copic Marker G0000. After matting it all up, I thought it was lacking, so I grabbed E50 and E51 and added a distressed feel by shading around the outside of my cut shape. After I added that, I still wasn’t pleased so I took a distressed background stamp, inked it up using a light tan ink and added that to the corners, stamping off and giving two of the corners a more faded effect. I will say I held my breath! I admit, it was not the smartest thing to do – stamp on an image that you just spent an hour coloring — but, I think the additions did help bring the image more to life. So, all is good!

Want to see what the Bloomies did as they went off Rustic Rejoicing?


Be sure to hop on over and pay them a visit to see for yourself! The gang is all here today!

Julie Koerber >>> you are here! 



Be sure to tune back in tomorrow when Santa has a brand new look – complete with a botanical flair! See you then my sweet stamping friends!

~Julie

No comments: