Thursday, October 19, 2017

Happiest Holiday Day 4.... Flowering Santa!

Hello Peeps! If you scrolled down a wee bit and caught sight of today's stamp set graphic, you might have let out a little squeal! At least, I did when I first set sights on this happy-go-lucky Santa adorned with all kinds of Christmas foliage. He's just too cute for words with that jolly smile and the squint in his eyes! 

Check it out, will you?


Big, bold, and laden with blooms! Flowering Santa offers a warm, welcoming smile, twinkling eyes, and a beard that will not be soon forgotten. Santa's decorative curls overflow with holly, stars, and poinsettias — and when shaded using monochromatic tones or metallics, will create a supreme showstopper. Very merry sentiments are perfect for overlays or card interiors.

And now... to my card!


So, what do you think? Darling image, huh? I stamped him in black ink and then, let the Copics fly giving him life with soft pastel pinks and greens mixed in with greys and blues to add that icy flair. Here's a peek at the colors that I used! 


And here's a peek at this cute-as-can-be Santa, close up! 

After I matted this all up with the glitter paper and silver button, I decided that Santa needed a little extra sparkle. I went digging in my embellishment drawer and pulled out small rhinestones in clear and blue and added them to his beard for a little extra razzle dazzle. In real life, they appear more subtle but give this card just that extra bit of pop! 



Looking at this Santa, I am sure you can see all kinds of color combos that you could lean toward. And guess what? You'll see quite a few as you make the rounds to these fine ladies below! Stop by and see what they've been up to!





Coming up tomorrow, Marcella will unveil a set with all things sweet for holiday cards that can't be beat! Pop back in and see what's in store!

~Julie

No comments: